- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF, if desired), separated
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4-5 garlic cloves, separated
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cornstarch, separated
- 1 lb flank steak
- 5 Tablespoons Midtown Olive Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil, separated
- Assorted veggies: 1 crown broccoli, 8 ounces snap peas in microwavable bag, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1-10 oz package Lotus Foods Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen
- 1 cup low-sodium beef stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Marinade the meat. Toss together 1/4 cup soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and 2 garlic cloves, minced. Very thinly slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4th inch thick strips and then into 2-inch pieces. Put steak & marinade in gallon Ziploc bag & place in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, prep and cook the veggies. Cook sugar snap peas in microwavable bag according to directions, cut broccoli crown into florets and cook covered in microwave for 2 minutes, chop bell pepper into bite size pieces. Place 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok and add all the veggies. Cook over medium high heat until crisp tender and transfer to a bowl/plate.
- Remove the meat and drain off any remaining marinade. Toss the meat to coat with the cornstarch in a large plastic bag. Make sure the meat is well coated in cornstarch.
- Add another tablespoon of oil. Heat until the oil is shimmering and then add in 1/2 the beef so it can be in a single layer. Cook without moving until the beef is well seared, about 1-1/2 minutes. Continue cooking while stirring until the beef is lightly cooked but still pink in spots, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Add the remaining beef and cook without moving until the beef is well seared, about 1-1/2 minutes. Cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer the rest of the beef to the plate.
- In that same skillet or wok, add 2 Tbsp sesame oil, remaining 1/2 cup soy sauce, beef stock or broth, remaining 2-3 minced garlic cloves, minced ginger, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir and cook (uncovered) over medium heat until sauce thickens a bit and reduces by about a third.
- In a small dish, whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water until smooth. Whisk into the sauce.
- While the sauce is reducing, boil a small pot of water and cook the ramen noodles for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add the cooked veggies, cooked meat, and drained ramen noodles into the sauce. Toss to coat. Enjoy!
Share this post
- Tags: Main Dishes