Gabi's Maple Whiskey Sour
1 oz grapefruit juice
1 oz lemon juice
1.5 oz whiskey
1 egg white
.5 oz Runamok Maple Sparkle Syrup
Grapefruit peel for garnish
You’ll want to start out by gathering all of your ingredients. It’s much easier when you;ve got everything within arm’s reach and my citrus and garnish(es) prepped and ready to go. For this version, you’re going to need a shaker, jigger for measuring, chilled coupe glasses, and a strainer.
Start by adding all of your ingredients to your shaker. Then, dry shake (meaning shake without ice) for 60 seconds. Dry shaking your cocktail first gives you that luscious airy foam on top that you definitely want. Once you’ve finished the dry shake, add a few ice cubes and shake again for about 30 seconds. This helps cool your cocktail down since we don’t add ice afterward. Now it’s time to strain out your cocktail! The double strain method works well here to really weed out any ice chips, but it’s not necessary. Twist a grapefruit peel over the top of your cocktail, drop it in, and add a few drops of your Angostura bitters. This whiskey sour can seem a little *extra*, but it’s not too tough to whip up!
1. Add all of your ingredients to your shaker and dry shake (no ice!!) for 60 seconds.
2. Add ice and shake for another 30 seconds.
3. Double strain into your chilled coupe glass.
4. Twist your grapefruit to release some oils, then drop it in. Top off with a few drops of your Angostura bitters, and enjoy!
* Recipe adapted from Runamok Maple