- 4 tablespoons good quality soy sauce
- 1 carrot peeled and then shaved in to long, thin strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Midtown Olive Oil Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons Midtown Olive Oil Dark Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
Hoisin Sauce to taste
Chopped roasted peanuts
or spicy Vietnamese fish sauce
On one edge, lay a small handful of noodles, two shrimp halves, some cilantro, a few baby spinach leaves, some cucumber strips, a few pieces of shaved carrot, and a sprinkle of green onions, being careful to not over stuff the roll. Carefully start to roll up eggroll style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up-but not too tightly or the spring roll will split.
Combine a few spoonfulls of hoisin sauce with some chopped peanuts to use as a dipping sauce (or serve with prepared spicy fish sauce dip called Nuoc Mam, available at Asian markets).
Serve immediately- these do not keep and will harden up in the fridge, so it is best to make just as many as you plan to serve (store any extra unassembled fillings in fridge and roll later).