Organic Kale, Quinoa, and Roasted Butternut Squash with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups raw, peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups prepared quinoa, cooled (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino
- 6 cups washed, dried, mixed greens or baby kale
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Midtown Olive Oil Ultra Premium EVOO
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. Midtown Olive Oil Grapefruit White Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- Fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl, whisk the 2 Tbsp. of olive oil with 2 Tbsp. of balsamic. Add cubed butternut squash and toss to dress with oil and balsamic. Place the butternut squash in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25 min., or until squash becomes golden brown. Allow to cool.
In a blender or food processor, add all of the dresing ingredients. Process and adjust seasoning to taste.
Combine 1/2 of the butternut squash, all the quinoa, and kale. Arrange on a large platter. Add some dressing and toss to combine. Add the rest of the buttenut squash over the top, sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds and shaved Pecorino.
Serves 6-8Print This Recipe