Simple Asparagus, Ham, and Gruyere Frittata
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, washed, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears, woody parts trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Canadian bacon or smoked ham cut into 1" pieces, or go meatless with sauteed mushrooms
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Midtown Olive Oil Ultra Premium EVOO of your choice
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place the cut potatoes in a pot filled with water. Let water come to a boil and boil potatoes for 5 min., drain, and set aside.
In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet (a 12" cast iron skillet works well), heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once. Add the green onions, asparagus, and saute over medium heat for about 2 min.
Whisk together eggs, salt, cheese and pepper. Pour over the potatoes directly into the pan. Shake the pan a couple of times to distrubute the eggs. Then, put the pan into the oven for 20-25 min., until the egg is set on top and is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and run a knife along the inside of the perimeter to loosen from the pan. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 min. before inverting onto a serving plate. Cut in slices and serve with a lovely salad of baby spinach or arugula dressed with Midtown Olive Oil Milanese Gremolata EVOO whisked with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic for a light healthy salad.
Serves 6-8Print This Recipe