This Recipe Uses:
- 1 ½ Cup Midtown Olive Oil Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Fresh Mozzarella, Drained
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 2” Sprig Fresh Rosemary, Bruised to Release Fragrance
Drain the mozzarella. Sprinkle salt over it. In medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, heat ½ cup of Arbosana EVOO, red chili flakes and rosemary to 175 °. Hold for 2 minutes and then allow to cool to room temperature. Mix in the remaining cup of Arbosana EVOO. Place the salted mozzarella in a jar or other container large enough to hold the olive oil and cheese. Pour the oil, herbs and chili flakes over the cheese. Marinate in the refrigerator for up to one week. This cheese is delicious speared on a toothpick with a small, ripe cherry tomato and a basil leaf.
(Note: you may buy the smaller variety of mozzerella cheese and use it whole, or buy one of the larger varieties and cut into smaller bite-sized pieces)Print This Recipe